Our company is a leading innovator in the field of geothermal well construction. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Materials Scientist to join our team and help us advance our drilling technology for use in constructing geothermal wells with temperatures up to 300 degrees Celsius. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and developing advanced materials and coatings that can withstand high temperatures and resist corrosion. The ideal candidate should have an advanced degree and/or up to 5 years of job-related experience or university coursework in materials science, with a focus on advanced materials and their properties relevant to heat transfer and corrosion.
Our company is dedicated to advancing the field of geothermal energy through innovative drilling technology. We specialize in developing and manufacturing directional drilling systems for use in constructing geothermal wells with temperatures up to 300 degrees Celsius. Our mission is to provide our customers with the most efficient, reliable, and environmentally friendly drilling solutions in the industry.
- Research and develop advanced materials and coatings for use in high-temperature geothermal drilling
- Conduct experiments to determine material properties, such as thermal conductivity, corrosion resistance, and mechanical strength
- Develop and implement testing procedures to evaluate material performance in high-temperature and corrosive environments
- Analyze test data and develop reports to communicate findings to other team members and stakeholders
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and technicians to ensure materials are integrated into drilling equipment designs
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging materials technologies
- Participate in the product development process from concept to launch
- Advanced degree and/or up to 5 years of job-related experience or university coursework in Materials Science or a related field
- Knowledge of advanced materials and their properties relevant to heat transfer and corrosion
- Experience with testing and analysis of materials in high-temperature and corrosive environments
- Familiarity with materials characterization techniques, such as SEM and TEM
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with product development processes from concept to launch is a plus
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a dynamic work environment. If you are a highly skilled and motivated Materials Scientist with a passion for developing innovative solutions for high-temperature geothermal drilling, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.